Have you ever stumbled across a film that resonates deeply with you, making you wonder if you’ve shared those cinematic experiences in another life? “Girl, Interrupted” is one such movie that speaks to countless individuals on many levels. The film touches upon complex human emotions. It presents many unique characters, each battling their demons. Here’s a thrilling thought: Which Girl Interrupted character are you?
“Girl, Interrupted,” masterfully directed by James Mangold in 1999, is a cinematic gem of its era. With standout performances by the talented Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie, who clinched an Oscar for her riveting portrayal, the film transcends its genre. This compelling drama is a cinematic rendition of Susanna Kaysen’s evocative novel, beautifully capturing the essence of 1960s New England. If you’ve ever been intrigued by the thought of which character from this iconic film you closely resemble, now’s your chance to find out.
While you’re asking the question – which Girl Interrupted character are you? – Let’s see which character of this world, filled with dreams, fears, hopes, and regrets, could be your counterpart.
- Susanna Kaysen: The protagonist of the story, Susanna, is a young woman who is diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Played by Winona Ryder, she often questions the nature of her diagnosis and treatment.
- Lisa Rowe: A sociopathic character, Lisa is charismatic and rebellious. Angelina Jolie, who won an Oscar for her portrayal, plays her. Lisa’s daring nature and clear disdain for the institution’s authorities make her both an antagonist and a captivating presence in the story.
- Daisy Randone: Brittany Murphy portrays Daisy – a girl with an eating disorder and an abusive history. She is shown to be deeply troubled and has a particularly complicated relationship with Lisa.
- Georgina Tuskin: A roommate and close friend of Susanna, Georgina is a pathological liar. Clea DuVall portrays her character, which is filled with fantasies but is also a comforting presence for Susanna.
- Polly “Torch” Clark: Played by Elisabeth Moss, Polly is a burn victim, having set herself on fire. She is a kind-hearted and gentle soul amidst the chaos of the institution.
- Janet Webber: Angela Bettis portrays Janet – a girl with anorexia. Her struggles with her eating disorder are evident throughout the film.
- Nurse Valerie Owens: Whoopi Goldberg plays Nurse Valerie, one of the few staff members at the institution who shows genuine concern and empathy for the patients. She is often in contrast to the more clinical approach of the doctors.
- Dr. Sonia Wick: Vanessa Redgrave portrays Dr. Wick – a therapist who tries to help Susanna navigate her feelings and diagnosis.
- Lisa Cody: A newer patient introduced later in the film who looks up to Lisa Rowe. This character showcases the cyclic nature of the institution.
If you’re fascinated by “Which X Are You?” quizzes, you might want to try these: